Saturday, February 2, 2008

Sun is shining, the riding is sweet.

Last night my friend Olivier, sent me an email seeing if I wanted to ride today, and I was planning on it, so I said sure. We met at 9am in a park equally neutral to both our houses and on the way out of town. It was a colder morning, but the sun was shining.

Olivier, had forgotten to take his asthma medicine, so we had to make a quick stop by his house. On the way there a man running asked for directions and as Olivier took his hand off his bars to point out which way, he hit some ice and went down. It was a slow speed crash, but his bike just went out from under him and he landed hard on his wrist. He, being a little shocked and in pain decided to just go home and if his arm felt better ride later.

I carefully turned around and decided that I would just keep on riding. It came across a few icy spots, but once it warmed up and I got out of town the roads were fine. I had maybe my best ride of the year, because I found some awesome new roads. My legs felt alright, but exploring the new area kept me going for 4 ½ hours. I think I may have even gotten a little sunburn, sweet!

Here are some pictures from the ride,
And the last one is Harrison my good Canadian friend and I repn’ our new rugby jerseys.




1 comment:

flightboz said...

Looks pretty hilly from that one pic. How much elevation gain did you get in that ride?