Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The beauty of Oregon

I made it home safe, and it’s good to be back.

Getting on the plane and leaving Belgium was the strangest experience I had felt on my whole exchange. Not only was I leaving behind Belgium, but also a new family and house that I had called home for seven months. It seems so far away now, but yet it is still so close, and I know that I will return someday.

The world is big and beautiful, but Oregon is one of the best places to be. When I got off the plane at PDX and saw Mt.Hood with all the other beauty Oregon has to offer I wondered why anyone would want to live anywhere else. The drive from Portland to Bend was awesome as we passed right next to Mt.Hood then entered the high desert. It was a drive that I have done so many times before and yet the first time I ever appreciated all the natural beauty.

Being home is great and yet mysterious. While I was over in Belgium I changed so much as a person, and so far from what I see, most of my friends haven't changed at all.

All in all it’s good to be back home with all my family and friends.

Ian

2 comments:

K-Man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K-Man said...

DOH! Sorry about that Ian. Got confused for a sec.

Welcome back!!! Good to have you back in town and see you at King's Valley?