Thursday, September 24, 2009

Bermuda Grand Prix

I have spent the last four days with my best of friends in one of the most relaxing places I have been all year. Team Hot Tubes and I went to the small tropical island of Bermuda to celebrate an amazing season and compete in one final race together. The trip was about racing then again not so much. The day before stage one we spent six hours on the white sand beaches and swimming in the 87 degree ocean water. We all got our fair share of sun, but Lawson and I got a little something extra, a burn. While it wasn’t the best for race preparation it was an awesome wrap up to the end of a long, hard and successful season.

I’ll be brief on the racing because in reality the whole time while we were racing we wished we were at the beach. Gavin raced well and was top 4 on every stage and finished 3rd overall while Stuee, I and Lawson finished 6th, 7th and 8th respectively. Nathan was down with a stomach bug the entire race but started every event like the champion he is.

My 2009 season has now come to an end. I’m back in Chico catching up with school and enjoying the same bed for a while. I’ll be taking some time off the bike before I begin my next adventure as racing with the next level up.

I will post a year review soon.
Ian

No comments: